Diablo Co-Ed Flag Football League Information
Diablo Flag Football League is an 8 game, 5 on 5, flag football program designed for boys and girls between the ages of 4 - 17. Games are played on Sundays between 10:30a - 4p. The Summer season is run a little differently, with practice and play twice a week, incl Sundays.
We offer three separate seasons: Spring, Summer, and Fall. The typical team size is between 8 to 10 children.
The cost to participate is $120.00 per player. Each player will receive a team jersey. All players will receive participation trophies at the end of the season.
All league play takes place on Sundays only starting at 10am. Teams will meet and practice an hour before their scheduled game. Each game lasts approximately 45 minutes. Team practice is scheduled an hour prior to their scheduled games. Total weekly commitment is approximately 2 hours. The season consists of two practice weeks (pre-season scrimmage on practice week 2), and 8 regular-season games.
The league-age cut-off is as follows:
- Spring League Players Age as of February 1st of the Current Year
- Summer League Players Age as of May 1st of the Current Year
- Fall League Players Age as of August 1st of the Current Year
Teams/ Age Groups *Division ages may change depending on number of participants*
Players ages 4-6 Flag Football Program is an instructional program that provides each child with 60 minutes of football each week. Weekly activities include:
- Warm up and agility drills
- Huddles, positions and formations
- Hiking and hand-offs
- Passing and receiving
- Defending and flag pulling
- 30 minute game
Players ages 6(Late 6's) - 8, 9-11 Flag Football Program has two weeks of instruction followed by a regular season of games. The structure for the football season is:
- Pre Season (1st 2 weeks) 60 minutes instruction
- Pre Season Scrimage
- Regular Season 45 minutes team practice followed by 45 minute game
Players ages 12 and up Flag Football Programs have two weeks of instruction including a pre-season scrimage followed by the regular season of games. The structure for the football season is:
- Pre Season (1st 2 weeks) 60 minutes of practice
- Pre Season Scrimage
- Regular Season 45 minutes of team practice followed by 45 minute game